1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Behaviour Handbook

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by hamjam, Jun 13, 2018.

1. hamjam

hamjam New commenter

Dear Tom,

I'm a former teacher but now I work in a pastoral role.

I feel very strong about teachers (especially NQT/teacher training staff), having a concrete foundation of classroom management, to move them forward. I had a good mentor on my first placement and also went on a 2 day course in the Midlands which revolutionised my practice.

I approached SLT and asked if I could run sessions on classroom management to new colleagues, which they happily agreed as they were aware of practice having covered lessons.

I am in the process now of putting together a booklet that we can work through during our sessions, with sound advice and guidance.

Can you recommend and direct me to something that might exist already that I can work to as a guide please?

I look forward to you reply Tom.

Regards,

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi hamjam

I can't recommend any guide, but I can recommend a book dealing with behaviour management that has some outstanding reviews on Amazon. If you go to Amazon, and type in Paul Dix, the title of his newest book will come up. I haven't read it, but I have read other books by him and I want to read this new one.

3. hamjam

hamjam New commenter

Hi Peeper5,
    Thank you for your reply and recommendation.
    Regards

pepper5 likes this.