1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beginner's Spanish

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by dawnghale, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Please can someone recommend a package (preferably for Windows 7/ipod) for learning Spanish from scratch. I have to try to get up to GCSE standard in a matter of months, so that I can teach the short course from September. I currently teach French/German to KS5 so am familiar with the specifications, so need something that it relevant to these courses rather than the adult learning packages for travel/business. Any ideas of software, books I could invest in would be appreciated. We have bought Mira for the students but I need to have a firm foundation before I begin the GCSE books.

2. Linguo24

Linguo24 New commenter

I would try to get hold of the various textbooks the Open University use in their Spanish teaching: Portales, Viento en Popa, A buen puerto, which go from beginner level to advanced. Also you could look at the website of the Instituto Cervantes, the Centro Virtual Cervantes, which gives info on online teaching of Spanish (I think i's called the Aula Virtual). I would also recommend a conversational Spanish book called 'Spanish among amigos' (sic).

3. I am really curious to know why you are having to do this? Were there no Spanish teachers available?
    I am not getting at you I am just curious.