1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beginner's guide to teaching autistic children

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by morning star, Jul 19, 2011.

1. After 20 years in the SEN field (SLD, PMLD, MSI, VI and Deaf) I am starting a job in a class for children with ASD.
    The class already uses PECS and TEACCH and, although I've previously worked in provision that uses these techniques, I've never been responsible for the planning etc within this type of class.
    If you could recommend one hands-on, practical guide to teaching children using these methods what would it be?

2. After 20 years in the SEN field (SLD, PMLD, MSI, VI and Deaf) I am starting a job in a class for children with ASD.
    The class already uses PECS and TEACCH and, although I've previously worked in provision that uses these techniques, I've never been responsible for the planning etc within this type of class.
    If you could recommend one hands-on, practical guide to teaching children using these methods what would it be?