1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beetroot and Walnut Hummus

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 23, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sounds good nick. I am now craving a mezze...........a huge mezze [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Try cooking beetroot then cutting into batons, mixing with similarly shaped carrot batons, and serving with roast meats. Goes very well with roast beef, pork or duck.
    Also, try making a big bowl of mash. Add loads of grated cheese, top with more cheese and grill until bubbling. Serve with plain cooked and sliced beetroot. Sooo yummy!
    Raosted beetroot is also very good with roast rib of beef and horseradish mash.

3. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Speaking of beetroot....
    I bought some at the farmers market on Sunday, stored it in our pantry in one of the lakeland vegetable bags as usual and when I opened the bag to use them last night the whole lot had gone mouldy! So no beetroot for us :(
    Anyone got any ideas why or did I just pick a duff lot?

4. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Yeah, I do if I have the space but the amount of veg we have normally means its a no-go... the bag is usually really good - the breathable black stuff on the inside so it makes sure the veg are in the dark... Oh well - had better go and get some more this wkend!