1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bees

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mred, Mar 27, 2011.

1. We`ve seen at least 3 bees this week and I`m really pleased as one was down the lottie.
    Unfortunately O/H was stung by one of them !n school.

2. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I had a rather poorly looking one in my garden this afternoon. I am hoping he just wasn't fully awake as he was moving very sluggishly.

3. I saw a big fat bumble this morning, looking confusedly at last year's withered lavender flowers.

4. I have seen a few fat bumble bees - still very drowsy, I suspect, judging on the way they were moving around.

5. I've seen quite a few emerging from underneath my shed - they must have spent the winter there.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

7. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

They'll be a bit "drowsy" as it's still a bit cool for them and there aren't many flowers, if you want to help them then a little bit of water in a shallow dish would be good and if they are really struggling then I tiny dot of honey would be great.