1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beeping Toaster

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kyris, Apr 4, 2012.

1. A few toasters back (we seem to kill them quite quickly) we had one that beeped when the toast was ready. I feel bad that we didn't appreciate it more at the time but I really miss that feature.
    Morphy Richards no longer make the model I liked ( 44082 ) and I'm really struggling to find another beeping toaster. I've googled it, searched argos and amazon etc - can anyone offer advice???
    Thanks [*]

2. A few toasters back (we seem to kill them quite quickly) we had one that beeped when the toast was ready. I feel bad that we didn't appreciate it more at the time but I really miss that feature.
    Morphy Richards no longer make the model I liked ( 44082 ) and I'm really struggling to find another beeping toaster. I've googled it, searched argos and amazon etc - can anyone offer advice???
    Thanks [*]

3. We use one of these. It always beeps when my toast is ready.

[​IMG]

4. No variable browning control with that model though Bauble [​IMG]

5. Depends on how long you leave it to beep. :¬))

6. Sorrim

Sorrim Occasional commenter

Was it a Breville? I seem to remember they had one that beeped!
    Sorrim x

7. aarrgghhh... kill it... kill it... that's the 'beep' smoke detector that is still beeping at my place.... although... we have managed to silence it by cutting the power so it doesn't ever recharge the batteries and they are now totally flat so don't beep at all...might change if we flicked the fuse back on..

8. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

Ooooh - THAT sort of beeping! I thought you were annoyed with your toaster for some misdemeanour or other.

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

10. There must be some sort........ for the visually impaired?

11. marlin

I replied to this post a couple of hours ago and gave links for toasters with beeps that I had found. Strangely, when I pressed 'post' I got the message that my post would have to be moderated as this was a moderated forum [​IMG]
    I am not a new poster!
    I'm still waiting for my message to appear - I didn't save the links so would have to search again [​IMG]

12. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I hate beeping machines. The breadmaker, washing machine, dishwasher all have irritating noises intrusive noises build in, sometimes irritating enough to drag myself into the kitchen! Simple option buttons are what are needed -Please Irritate Me or Leave Me in Peace.

13. marlin

I see it has appeared!

I tried posting again, so maybe my second post will 'pop--up' too [​IMG] It had a link to another toaster I had found.