1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

been weed on!

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by tattyted1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I think I have just come to the lowest point of my career... a 4yr old intentionally weed on me today. Admittingly he has some behaviour needs and usually spends his days biting, kicking, punching and telling me to 'f off' but when does this get to the point where I can say NO more???
    I've put up with this for 7months and have now had enough.

Any advice please

2. Zadok1

Zadok1 New commenter

Ask for an ed psych consultancy! That;s just weird!

3. oh my goodness. I am flabbergasted.

Thanks for posting this - it puts my struggles with swearing, complaining, generally rude teenagers into perspective

4. Thank you for your replies.so far nothing has happened for this child or indeed the other 29 members of my class notdue to lack of persistance from me!!
    DH and HT only see it as a prob if they get hurt or supply does, but its demorilising to me and my ta who 'just put up with it'-it seems.

Today I can look back and laugh but when is enough enough?!!!

5. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

The line denoting 'enough' is drawn somewhere before it gets to the stage where they're peeing on you. There are, as yet, few guidelines on the acceptable amount of urination a teacher can experience, but in my opinion it's 'none'.
    It's great that you can keep a sense of humour about this (without which I suspect we'd go insane in our jobs), but really, this boy needs to be out of the classroom- if he can't behave within the appropriate spectrum of expectation, then he can't reasonably be given the support he needs in a mainstream environment. And you don't deserve the daily abuse that this entails. This isn't behaviour one grows out of- this is behaviour that gets worse as children get older, so by allowing him to remain in a mainstream classroom he might very well develop serious (more serious I mean) problems down the line. We owe it to the future to intervene with young children like this. Ed Psych sounds about right; see what kind of statement/ provision can be made for this young boy. But the status quo is the only unacceptable choice of action.
    Good luck
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/

6. '... There are, as yet, few guidelines on the acceptable amount of urination a teacher can experience....
    Don't Ofstead inspectors get any directions about this? Can't you just see it: 'While this teacher does an excellent job in the areas of early learning of maths, english, etc, his/ her control of the urinary output of learners is somewhat deficient. Refer for BMT (Behaviour Management Therapy) '