1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Been out of teaching for a couple of years...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Bricktop, May 16, 2011.

1. Hi there
    I have been out of teaching for a couple of years now (I was doing supply but couldnt find a permenant job so had to find something steady) and was wondering the best way to get back into it? I have seen a couple of jobs to apply for but want to give myself the best chance. What should i focus on and read up on? Are there any tips you could give me?

Thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Will depend possibly on where in the country you are, whether Secondary or Primary & what your subject strengths are.
    I would have thought considering the present climate it will be difficult to break-in to an already over-subscribed system & I would think getting some experience back in teaching (and yes it has changed!) & some current references would be fairly important.
    If you read some of these threads you'll see some jobs attract over 200 applications so your application has to be really top-knotch. Read all Theo's tips in the opening pinned thread & best of luck!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just realised the pinned thread referred to is at the top of the 'Jobseekers forum'.