1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Been on primary supply many years and considering ppa cover role.

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by supply287, Feb 23, 2016.

1. supply287

supply287 New commenter

Hello,
    I've really enjoyed day-to-day supply over most of the past 15years but now I'm considering part-time teaching that will involve 'standard' planning, recording and assessment. The trouble is that I have done very little. I have been a supply mainly in KS2 with lots of KS1 and know that there are many features of class teaching that I am unaware of - known unknowns and unknown unknowns! If you were in my position, how would you get the necessary skills and knowledge? For example , does the weekly planning come from the mid-term plans , and how often is the mid-term planning updated? (Get into Teaching has nothing for primary teachers.)
    I'm over 50 - maybe I've left it too late?

If there were short update courses for old teachers like me , I'm sure many would sign up..

Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, you could try your local FE college, as they may do one.

And you could also try talking to someone at a school that you visit regularly.

If you are going back as PT, you will be sharing the planning with a colleague who would be a support.

Best wishes