1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Been given job of coordinating phse - HELP!!

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by jswif, Nov 10, 2010.

1. As can be seen from the heading I have recently been given the responsibility for coordinating PHSE and SEAL across whole primary school. I have no idea where to start. Am not even sure what topics should be taught in which years (other than SEAL) and feel like I'm failing from the start. Any help would be gratefully received. Many many thanks in advance.

2. As can be seen from the heading I have recently been given the responsibility for coordinating PHSE and SEAL across whole primary school. I have no idea where to start. Am not even sure what topics should be taught in which years (other than SEAL) and feel like I'm failing from the start. Any help would be gratefully received. Many many thanks in advance.

3. if you can get hold of the primary PSHE guidelines from the DFES (unless the 'dept for education or whatever' have created new guidelines). These should show you what topics are needed to be covered and when. School nurses also have a curriculum of what they would like to deliver (assuming all LEAs are the same), so may be worth contacting them and seeing what they teach and when. then get the police involved to see if they can cover areas of personal safety for you in each year group.. I am secondary so i assume the primary is the same. each school *should* have a copy of these, if not google in what you can find.

4. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi
    I had this dilemma in secondary school not so long ago and I ordered a great package from elate education- Not sure if you have budget for it or not, but they were really good to give me a basis and then I adapeted the tasks to suit our school.

Im not sure if they do Primary but I am pretty sure the resources can be made simplier for primary use.

Hope that helps- their website is: http://elate-education.co.uk/default.aspx
    Gemma x