1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

been asked to think of a job role to fill under allocation

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by scout1984, Feb 28, 2019.

1. scout1984

scout1984 New commenter

Hi all
    I'm a full-time Spanish teacher, the other 2 members of my dept are part-time. Due to the fact no-one chose French at GCSE last year, we were informed today by the head and deputy that the dept will be 11 hours under allocation next year. After ascertaining that none of us wanted to drop any hours, the head basically said it's up to us to come up with a job-role to fill the hours, as the year after there will be enough teaching hours again for all of us. I'm excited for this opportunity to branch out of the classroom, but feel a bit overwhelmed with what exactly to offer. They hinted at upcoming Head of Year roles, but that isn't for me. I was wondering if anyone had been in a similar situation or had any inspiration for me!
    Thank you

2. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Outreach to primary schools to help encourage more French and encourage recruitment of pupils into your school and ultimately into your subject?

scout1984 likes this.