1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bedtime routine

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by leeds28, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Could you start the feed during a relaxing story? Our LO has 2 or 3 stories a night - always the V H Caterpillar and ANOther. I've started milk and stories simultaneously, then lights out and into cot with music to try and break the milky sleep thing. It's sort of working...
    If LO can't see the book you could always tell a story with out one - Bear Hunt, There was an Old Lady are stand bys for when I have no free hands!

2. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

I've always done a story since LO was about 6 weeks old- she's now 6 1/2 months. I do Cbeebies 6-6:30 (not much TV other than this during the day), bath at 6.30, into nappy and PJs, milk at 6.40, book after that on the nursery chair where I feed her, then night-night and into the cot. She babbles for about 10 mins then is usually asleep by 7, we did have a blip of non-settling due to daylight but the blackout blind has helped a lot. I don't think the story excites her too much, maybe becuase she's used to it, but you could try calm stories rather than really exciting ones!

3. That's really helpful thanks. I have spent the past few days trying to read a story before the feed with not much success! Even when dad does storytime, she still looks for a feed! I think she associates the chair in her nursery with feeding. May try storytime after the feed for a few days and see how that goes :)