1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bedfordshire Primary PGCE 2011/2012

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fLauraHayes, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I recently found out I have a place on the Primary PGCE at the University of Bedfordshire. This is just an attempt to get everyone else on the course in one place. I'm currently looking for somewhere to live and for any possible housemates. Don't necessarily have to live with fellow Primary PGCers but definitely don't fancy going back to Halls with freshers.
    If anyone is in the same position as me, feel free to get in contact. Also if anyone has any advice about Bedford that would be great. I'd like to know which are the best websites/agents to look for flats/houses to rent and also which areas of Bedford others would recommend I live in.

2. I would stick to the area around the university as the nicer houses are at that end of town. If you speak to the university they have (or did when I was there a few years ago) a list of affiliated landlords who rent out student housing. There is a landlord called Mr Richie who we used, he is very good and just leaves you to it as long as he is paid on time.

3. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Loads of letting agents in Bedford, just search on the internet. Some will also put shares in contact.

4. Hi, im on the primary PGCE in sept, are you thinking of living in Beds or in one of the placement towns?

5. aridion

aridion New commenter

Hi Laura. I read your post about trying to find accommodation in Bedford. Are you still looking?

I am in the same situation. I will be doing Primary PGCE. I would be interested in sharing accommodation. Let me know if you are still looking.

6. Hi, i am in the same situation. I have applied to postgrad halls but I still haven't had any word back and I'm beginning to panic. I'm from Northern Ireland so its hard for me to try and meet people and sort things out. If you want more information on me housemate wise you can find me on facebook or you can have my email address. General info is I'm 22, starting the primary PGCE in sept. Thanks.

7. funambule

funambule New commenter

There are a lot of letting agents in Bedford, most are reputable but steer well clear of Homeland; there have been some serious problems with this agency.Google for details.

8. Lots of primary PGCE books for sale, bargain price and free delivery within Bedford area. Contact jjmallett@hotmail.co.uk for more details :)