1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bedford PGCE Early Years /Primary Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by km001, Mar 11, 2011.

1. I would be most appreciative if anyone could give me an idea of what the english and maths tests were like at bedford uni...I am nervous as I am rubbish at maths :-( thank you

Any other tips would be great too :)

2. Hi there
    I have an interview in a few weeks for Primary and was also wondering about the numeracy tests as maths is not my strong point either. I posted on here and there is a reply on the next page I think from someone who had a Primary interview, saying that the maths wasn't too bad - hardest thing was long multiplication. I'm not sure what differences there would be between Early Years and Primary but I can't imagine yours would be any harder ??
    Good luck with the interview anyway x
    Lara x

3. Hi
    I had my interview for Primary at Bedford back in November. The interviews for primary are all done together,so this includes General Primary, Early Years and Primary with Languages.
    The test was not as hard as I had expected, only had around 12 questions and like the previous post says, the hardest thing I found was long multiplication. Don't stress yourself out over the tests, they are only a proportion of the interview and think main emphasis is on the group and individual interview.
    Good Luck
    Danni

4. Me too on the English....but it must be more about quality than quantity!
    Yes I have been offered, and accepted a place on the General Primary Course. Have you heard back yet?

5. Ok, now I am stressing about the English test - what did you have to do for this ?
    Thanks

Lara

6. aridion

aridion New commenter

Danni, I have also been offered a place and have accepted. Just have to get my crb checks.

7. aridion

aridion New commenter

Jamiesmum, I wouldn't stress out too much about the English test. It basically entailed reading through a written document relating to education. You had to pick out 12 main points. My problem was that I spent too much time reading and analysing it that I had only 5 minutes to write in my main points. We had 20 minutes for this exercise. Not too difficult as long as you time yourself accordingly.

8. aridion

aridion New commenter

Don't stress out Jamiesmum. We were given a piece of writing about education. We had 20 minutes to pick out the 12 main points in the article. It wasn't too difficult, just that I didn't time myself well.

9. aridion

aridion New commenter

Oops. I replied twice. I thought my com was playing up...

10. We had to read an article too and pick out the main points, then write why these were important in education.
    We have probably made it sound worse than it is. Just don't spend all your time reading the article...if indeed that's what you get. Mine was in November so they may change it for each set of interviews!