1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

B'Ed to be scrapped...

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by aw99, Jan 4, 2012.

1. aw99

aw99 New commenter

Hello

I read a while ago that the B'Ed degree will definitely be replaced by new degree programs that will have more of a focus on academic study. I am currently studying for a B'Ed and I wondered what everyone thought about the proposed changes? Do you think that it will affect me when it comes to job prospects if I have the old B'Ed and someone else has this new all singing and all dancing degree which people think will better prepare teachers for their role in the classroom.

Just wondered what you all thought as it panicked me a bit!!

Thanks! :)

2. aw99

aw99 New commenter

Hello

I read a while ago that the B'Ed degree will definitely be replaced by new degree programs that will have more of a focus on academic study. I am currently studying for a B'Ed and I wondered what everyone thought about the proposed changes? Do you think that it will affect me when it comes to job prospects if I have the old B'Ed and someone else has this new all singing and all dancing degree which people think will better prepare teachers for their role in the classroom.

Just wondered what you all thought as it panicked me a bit!!

Thanks! :)

3. Can't see it making much difference myself. Given that you don't apply for jobs until after the induction year, I think most HTs are more concerned with what you're like in the classroom and what you've demonstrated you can contribute to the school than with what kind of degree you've got. That's if there's any jobs at all.