1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming an Academy

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Lib43, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Not sure if I am on the right forum but I am sure someone will put me right.

I work in a school that is going to form part of an Academy with a second school. We have been told that we will be issued with new contracts that will be site specific as our school is going to be open until the end of 2012 and will then close. At that point we will be without a job. Just our school. The other school that is forming part of the academy - their jobs are all safe - it is just us.

Is this right? Can they do this? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Advice please.

PS I contacted my union who said - it happens. Not happy with that answer which is why I am asking what others have done.

2. Not sure if I am on the right forum but I am sure someone will put me right.

I work in a school that is going to form part of an Academy with a second school. We have been told that we will be issued with new contracts that will be site specific as our school is going to be open until the end of 2012 and will then close. At that point we will be without a job. Just our school. The other school that is forming part of the academy - their jobs are all safe - it is just us.

Is this right? Can they do this? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Advice please.

PS I contacted my union who said - it happens. Not happy with that answer which is why I am asking what others have done.