1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming a teacher of the Deaf

Discussion in 'Primary' started by squshe, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I was wondering if other teachers out there who had completed the part time course for Teacher of the Deaf could send me information? I have always wanted to do this course. My nearest college have sent me a prospectus on the course. With my husband's backing, I have decided to bite the bullet and apply. As a mother of two young children though, have I bitten off more than I can chew? What is involved in terms of workload and time away from home and work? Any information you have would be most welcome.

2. I was wondering if other teachers out there who had completed the part time course for Teacher of the Deaf could send me information? I have always wanted to do this course. My nearest college have sent me a prospectus on the course. With my husband's backing, I have decided to bite the bullet and apply. As a mother of two young children though, have I bitten off more than I can chew? What is involved in terms of workload and time away from home and work? Any information you have would be most welcome.

3. I hope that I am not too late.
    I am just about to complete the course and have loved it!
    Many on my course do it over 2 years due to family, It can work, assignment time and placement time ( 4 weeks) is the hardest.
    I am working full time and had leave for placement, I am a single parent and a carer so if I can you can!
    You will enjoy the course but check with the uni you are going to, as to what is required. Many are different and I looked around.
    If this is what you want, you will love it.
    Hope this helps
    Signingfrog xxx