1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

becoming a private tutor with a level qualifications

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by 1mm1grate, Jul 18, 2011.

1. 1mm1grate

1mm1grate New commenter

Don't suppose you can help me. I can't seem to get the advice I want. I've been on so many sites and yet have ended up nowhere. I want to teach but have tried being a teaching assistant and it hasnt worked. I want to teach Maths and Science one-to-one or small groups of pupils and am trying to get in to tutoring, however I did my alevels in 1993 so how am I meant to polish up on my knowledge? I dont have much money so can not buy lots of books and anyway I wouldnt know which one to buy and where to start. Any ideas? or could you point me in the right direction? I'm nearly 36 and going nowhere in my career even though i have a degree and alevels

2. 1mm1grate

1mm1grate New commenter

Don't suppose you can help me. I can't seem to get the advice I want. I've been on so many sites and yet have ended up nowhere. I want to teach but have tried being a teaching assistant and it hasnt worked. I want to teach Maths and Science one-to-one or small groups of pupils and am trying to get in to tutoring, however I did my alevels in 1993 so how am I meant to polish up on my knowledge? I dont have much money so can not buy lots of books and anyway I wouldnt know which one to buy and where to start. Any ideas? or could you point me in the right direction? I'm nearly 36 and going nowhere in my career even though i have a degree and alevels