1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

becoming a nanny

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparklyeyes, Mar 21, 2012.

1. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

For the last few years I have been wondering what I could do for a job that is outside of teaching. Whilst inbetween jobs the last few weeks, after the initial shock of being unceremoniously dumped by the school I was working at, I came up with an idea and acted upon it. With the result that tomorrow I have an interview for the job of nanny!! Sole carer for a 6 week old baby.
    Now I ask myself, should I really be giving up teaching (for a few years at least I imagine) to do this kind of job? I think I know the answer, but would welcome comments please.

2. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

For the last few years I have been wondering what I could do for a job that is outside of teaching. Whilst inbetween jobs the last few weeks, after the initial shock of being unceremoniously dumped by the school I was working at, I came up with an idea and acted upon it. With the result that tomorrow I have an interview for the job of nanny!! Sole carer for a 6 week old baby.
    Now I ask myself, should I really be giving up teaching (for a few years at least I imagine) to do this kind of job? I think I know the answer, but would welcome comments please.

3. Do whatever makes you happy x

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I agree. If the new job does make you happy stick with it, if not, you'll be getting paid and broadening your experience while you consider your options. You can always return to teaching. Who knows what's ahead - congratulations on your new start and I hope it goes well.

5. Give it a go. Might be quite nice.

6. Good luck! Sounds a good idea.