1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Becoming a federation (?)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missh27, May 11, 2011.

1. SO for my school and two other schools in the local area, it has been proposed that we become a federation.
    HAs anyone heard of this before, or is your school in a federation, as it is very new to me and our local area.

The details are as far as I know is that all 3 schools with have an executive head (same as my school has now) and 1 governing body

The schools will not change name, or uniform.

We have to vote on this and I wondered if anyone else has been through this process?

2. firecracker

firecracker New commenter

we are a federation of 2 schools, we were asked to vote but to be honest those who decide are the ones who will gain (financially) and really it was a done deal ! our parents hate it, the other schools parents couldn't give two hoots
    so I can't say it matters what you vote, if those who have proposed it have already made up their minds !! (cynical - me !!!)