1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Because I'm worth it

Discussion in 'Education news' started by ridleyrumpus, Oct 15, 2019.

1. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

2. tonymars

tonymars Established commenter

If this is "true" and not "fake news"...

I suppose once upon a time some might be held accountable...

Thing this, the market is always right.. anyone who dares to question the will of the people is a traitor.

3. ridleyrumpus

ridleyrumpus Lead commenter

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I see he's an ex NAHT President.

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I think the 'ex' is pretty important here! :D

Rott Weiler likes this.
  6. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

MAT CEO has tantrum when he finds out he’s no longer flavour of the month.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  7. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

Why is he on a cruise during term time?

8. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

He’s a MAT CEO fgs, you wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near actual children in or out of term time.

9. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

:rolleyes: silly me!

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  10. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I thought it was funny!
    He just needs a quick launder and into my novel he fits!
    F....OFSTED....lovely!

agathamorse likes this.
  11. Mrsmumbles

‘Coaster Hits the Coast!’
    ‘Coaster On The Rocks!’
    ‘Is It Time To F***OFF(STESD)?’

Jamvic likes this.
  12. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Ofsted reports and ratings for schools are now in the same category as the support programmes or capability proceedings many teachers are forced to go through. No one in the front line of education takes either seriously or considers them to have any links to reality anymore.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  13. drek

drek Lead commenter

Not true judging by the way new policies are being pushed through every CPD and inset day!
    they make sarcastic comments and roll their eyes pretending to be one with workforce.......whilst still pushing the agenda and increasing workload.....

14. Mrsmumbles

Very true. GoneOFSTED would describe the Tory party as ‘good, with many areas of administrative excellence.’ It is all such bull. Let me provide a metaphorical analogy. Imagine a person who happens to be a bit overweight. A tad lardy. Who cares? Not me. But then some twit, probably from the Baltic lands, fat shames them on Twitter, attacking away, slice slice slice. I would admire the overweight person for a comeback which was open and honest, like “Ok, am a bit lardy, so what, i can shed fat but social media bullies are stuck that way”, but no. Instead they say things like : “ I accept that I might be considered by some to be nudging towards a higher BMI ratio than is perhaps the national target, but I am committed to healthy eating and living and my government will do all it can to support and encourage others who are committed to patterns of eating and living.” Er...what? What does this flannel mean? You hear it all the time now on the radio and tv. Empty, meaningless, oblique flannelling. When all the public want to hear is the political equivalent of “Yeah I’m fat, it’s a pain, there’s worse things to be, deal with it.”
    I am now replacing ‘bell’ with ‘flannel’ as my new insult term of choice!

15. Mrsmumbles

Flanelling bells, the lot o’ them.