1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

beauty tips

Discussion in 'Personal' started by beckie99, Jan 3, 2011.

1. i need this, i look rough as a dogs bum at the moment.
    okay so any quick, easy and preferably cheap tips to looking the best you can?

2. i need this, i look rough as a dogs bum at the moment.
    okay so any quick, easy and preferably cheap tips to looking the best you can?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yeah, go to bed now!

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Lots of sleep, lots of water, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, cut down on processed food.

5. thanks, i sort of meant more makeup wise than health wise? my fault should have made that clear not trying to sound ungrateful [​IMG]

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

vitamin e.
    i put my face wash on at the beginning of shower and wash off at end. quick mini facepack!

7. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

I use that St Ives apricot scub stuff on my face every day then moisturise with a lovely smelling Olay cream. Probably a tenner for the 2 and I notice a real difference in my skin.

8. SleighBelle

Ah ha! Moisturiser, perhaps tinted if you dont like foundation.
    I like Soap and Glory's eye gel, which feels like it's tightening up any hint of bagginess with a nice tingle sensation.
    I was given some Clarins make-up for Christmas and love it already, longwear concealer, eyeliner and mascara. All three are fabulous, long-lasting and look great.
    How about going to Boots/House of Fraser and getting a consultation done? Clarins or Benefit?

9. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

definitely invest in benefit's 'boing' concealer.would hide the titanic.

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Do you wear foundation? I find Max Factor Renew really good. Their new one called Experience is very good too. Quite cheap as well.

11. oh great thanks for all these! what mascara does every body use, i have non existent eyelashes lol

12. Mascara is the ultimate pick-me-up.
    I thoroughly endorse Max Faxtor Falsh Lash Effect.
    And wear some perfume - it makes you smile, especially if you put it someone only you know where it is.
    And some lovely undies - that will make you feel goooooooooooooooood.
    Don't forget to smile - it is the best beauty trick of all.

13. I use Lancome Definicils mascara, it's a lovely lengthening one. It doesn't make my eye lashes look thicker or fuller though, it depends what effect you are trying to create.

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Get your eyelashes and eyebrows professionally tinted. And get your eyebrows professionally waxed/shaped.
    Makes a massive diference. Cost me about £16 every month or so and worth every penny. Only takes half an hour too.

15. somewhere.
    Although if there is someone else who knows where it is...all the better.
    But it is even nicer to just slosh it on for yourself.

16. SleighBelle

Mascara: I've used Rimmel Sexy Curves for ages, which is quite good and cheap. Then tried Maybelline Falsies, which was HORRIBLE but this Clarins longwear one is the best mascara I've ever had. It's a bit lengthening, a bit thickening, not at all cloggy and does not budge until you decide to take it off. Fab!

17. Moisturiser etc: Lush stuff. The best thing to do is to go and talk to a member of staff, who will suggest which ones to try and give you samples.
    Make up: Benefit all the way. I use 'hello flawless' foundation powder, 'erase paste' concealer and 'BADGal lash' mascara. Will be getting some 'posietint' when I've saved up for it. Their stuff is expensive, but lasts a long time; just replaced the foundation after a year and the erase paste looks to be going strong for another year yet!

18. SleighBelle

Ooh, I love Posietint- it's much thicker than the red Benetint and works best as a blusher, but gives just the right amount of sheer, sheeny pinkness to cheeks.
    I got mine for £10 on ebay- always worth a look! Steer clear of the people selling loads of the same item, as they're often fake, but the private sellers selling unwanted Christmas presents are your best bet. Also, look for the ones that finish at odd times when casual bidders might be busy- you could swoop in and nab one for less money than if you bid at teatime on Sunday when the world and his dog are on ebay.

19. Oooo.... thanks for the tip! Might be one for half term me thinks!