1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bear Hunt and Bears planning for Reception? Pretty please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kitty_cat1, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Hey all,
    Am thinking of my plans for next term (the delights of the Easter Hols are sorted then!) Was thinking of spending between 4 and 6 weeks on bears. Have got as far as We're Going on a Bear Hunt and Goldilocks (usual suspects really). Has anyone got any medium term plans or ideas they wouldn't mind sharing with a frazzled Reception teacher? Many thanks in advance! x

2. i have just finished a bears topic. post your enail and i will send you my half term plan.

3. We visited Build a Bear workshop in town and made a bear for the class. They gave us it free plus letting us choose an outfit. The children named it and it became a much loved member of the class, with her going home with a different child each weekend. This in turn led to a book of her adventures at different houses (a bit like Barnaby Bear). I used to write messages to the children from the bear every morning and even the parents came in to see what the bear had to say that day.You can then use it as a vehicle for anything you want to introduce- eg bear doesn't know how to make a sandwich, wants to know how plants grow, etc etc. Last year grandad bear came to see our bear. He brought with him some of his old toys, leading into learning about" long ago". My class is year one, but I think it would work in foundation? We're doing it again after Easter- I'm looking forward to it!

4. Thank you debmac - my email is
    little_firefly@hotmail.co.uk.
    Many thanks in advance! K x

5. I think Literacy Matters has planning on bears for foundation.

6. I have done similar. Have a teddy bear's picnic plus song. Children can bring in their favourite bear from home.

7. Can you email your bear planning please

michelle_donnelly_11@hotmail.co.uk

8. Hiya,
    I noticed this thread was started a while ago, but would really apreciated if somebody on this thread would be able to send a copy of this plan to me.
    My email address is jo_hegz6@msn.com

Thank you so much in advance

9. I have looked at bears during my induction with my new reception class but wanted to carry this activity on for the start of next term! Any plans would be really appreciated! I am new to reception so very much finding my feet!
    jordandaresbury@hotmail.co.uk

10. I noticed this thread was started a while ago, but I would really apreciated if somebody on this thread would be able to send a copy of the bears plan to me.
    My e mail address is : silviobrancato@hotmail.com

Thank you so much in advance

11. Hi if this not too late I would appreciate a copy as well thank you.

debbiejones25@hotmail.co.uk

12. inky

inky Lead commenter

Perhaps it would save the OP time if she put her bear plans into the TES resources bank!