1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

bean diary anyone?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by DinahL, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hey guys

Am growing beans next week with my yr ones and would like to make a diary the children can use to record the growth of their beans.

I have looked on the resource bank and cant seem to find one - was wondering if anyone had one they wouldnt mind sharing?! or you could give me info on making my own (im not great with computers!)

DinahL@hotmail.co.uk

Thank is advance guys

2. Hey guys

Am growing beans next week with my yr ones and would like to make a diary the children can use to record the growth of their beans.

I have looked on the resource bank and cant seem to find one - was wondering if anyone had one they wouldnt mind sharing?! or you could give me info on making my own (im not great with computers!)

DinahL@hotmail.co.uk

Thank is advance guys

3. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

we made our own, using clip art put a picture of a bean on the front cover, with words My bean diary 2007 a weekly record of growth by......................

on back page I cut and stuck, steps and levels from K&U and maths, when they had finshed we then highlighted the area/level covered.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

If you have a digital camera its nice to photograph a bean each week and sequence the pictures for the children we did this with sunflowers last year. There is also a lovely book by Discovery World.

5. Perhaps I could make one???

Let me know exactly what you need (ie... how many pages, wot to include on each page... etc).

I guess it would be A5 size - 2 pages to each A4 sheet that can be folded?

Let me know what you all want!

SB.

6. Msz

7. possibly not very helpful but I'm SURE there's a big book called 'My Bean Diary'

8. Msz

7 | Posted by: indigogal at 22 Apr 2007 19:08
    possibly not very helpful but I'm SURE there's a big book called 'My Bean Diary'

Yes its the one from Discovery World really good for showing the children

9. Yes please Sparkle - Seed diary would be better so could be for other things apart from beans :eek:)

10. PLEASE SPARKLE Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!

I have tried to come up with something using word and have been on the computer for hours but i am totally rubbish if im honest!!!

I was thinking of a booklet which is A5 size - like you said with 2 pages to each A4 sheet which can be folded.

It would be nice if each A4 page could be a weekly update of the bean/seeds progress with a space for the children to note the changes with their bean/seed in a drawing and also with some writing (maybe what they noticed? anything they did differently? added?). Also a bit where the children can measure the height of their bean to show the changes in height.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense but i have been on the comp for hours fighting with blooming microsoft word!!!

DinahL

11. bumping as I would like this too!

12. Me too please **********!

13. just worked out how to upload something into resource file...have put bean diary in there.