1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Beach/seaside activities ideas?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sweetie666, Aug 4, 2008.

1. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hello everyone

I'm working at a holiday club in the school i'm starting work at in september. I am looking to impress people with my ideas for planning but the theme this week is the beach/seaside. Most of the children are only there for the mornings and was wondering if anyone had ideas for activities? I thought of making ice lollies but the children arent there long enough for them to be ready. Any ideas would be much apperiated, thanks in advance x

2. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Hello everyone

I'm working at a holiday club in the school i'm starting work at in september. I am looking to impress people with my ideas for planning but the theme this week is the beach/seaside. Most of the children are only there for the mornings and was wondering if anyone had ideas for activities? I thought of making ice lollies but the children arent there long enough for them to be ready. Any ideas would be much apperiated, thanks in advance x

3. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Make a beach outside: large blue sheet, poor sand on, little paddlung pool/ water tray add towels, buckets, spades etc. (I did this in classroom conservatry once worked brill)

For Ice lollys Chop banana in half (width), push it onto a lolly stick, dip in melted choc, dip in sprinkles, coconut etc. and put in freezer for 30 mins!!! Or make ice lollys in ice cube trays.

Have a very large roll of paper allow children to paint beach scene.

Set up a small world beach area.

Give children large cardboard boxes and allow them to make boats.

Paint using shells as printers.

Play seaside related games with parachute eg. sharks, row row row your boat, go under and find fish for the count of ten winner is the one with most etc.

Make magnetic fishing game cardboard fish add paper clip and fish with magnet.

We recently flooded the patio area next to sandpit for children to splash in they had great fun.

Make kites/ fly kites.

Make jelly for jelly fish etc.

Hope that gives you a few idea

4. sweetie666

sweetie666 New commenter

Brillant ideas thanks very much i will use as many as i can