1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Be Careful What You Say!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by anon2047, May 14, 2011.

1. A good point and one that has been reinforced on several occasions by my tutor on my pGCE course.
    I recently went to look around a school quite a way from my home and got talking to someone else who knew the teachers where I work!
    Thank you for reminding everyone!

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Well said, Eva.
    I think that also goes for putting messages on these forums. Lots of people, I've noticed, seem to have usernames which include their whole name. If these names are their real names (I'm sure some are not) then potentially people could come on here and find them. I saw MiddleMarch in another thread warn someone about this, as apparently more heads are looking on these forums at potential canditates, much like FB seems to be used these days.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Oh yes! HTs and teachers talk!

I spoke to HT last week about a student we had earlier in the year who did not do well and made it clear to anyone and everyone that it was all my fault. She is back in her usual school (GTP student) and I mentioned that I couldn't possibly apply for an advertised post there as my name is probably mud.

He told me that it most certainly isn't and that actually she has performed just as poorly, and with just such bad grace, in her subsequent placement and complained just as much anout her mentor there.

Problem for her is, she has lost all chance of getting a teaching post in any of her placement schools or their partnership ones. Whereas I, by some miracle, have ended up apparently seeming to be a saint for dealing with her behaviour and somehow getting her to do enough work to pass her placement. Apparently it shows excellent management and leadership skills!

So yes do be careful what you say and do. It might well reflect more poorly on you than you think.

4. I would also warn all of you to be careful what you say when you go for interview and are sat in the staff room during breaks in the interview process.
    • Don't make negative comments about the other candiates when they leave the room.
    • Don't complain about your placements especially if they are located nearby.
    • And seriously don't tell everyone that you have hated your PGCE and can't wait to start teaching so you can have a rest!