1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Be aware you may get fired for posting on here!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by coldmetal, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldmetal

coldmetal Occasional commenter

If somebody in your organisation can recognise aspects of your posting and deems it unsavoury or bringing the organisation/s or it's staff or associates into (in their view) disrepute then they can fire you under a sweeping E policy that most organisations now have : BE CAREFUL!

2. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

Please can your next avatar be of a tulip?

Lots of Christmas work now, on the bright side.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Is that what happened to you Mikey ?

Mrsmumbles and sabrinakat like this.
  4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Guess Roger is a TES reader....;)

5. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Roger owns the TES

Mrsmumbles and sabrinakat like this.
  6. FarSideofParadise

FarSideofParadise Occasional commenter

Well, it isn't hard to believe that you can...

7. Eflmeister

Eflmeister Occasional commenter

Mike - I don’t understand this new post. You started a thread yesterday called “What happened with Roger n that?” as if you were a different person and were trying to find out what had happened. Now this today which obviously is in reference to all your other threads. I’m a little confused as to the purpose of this to be honest...

8. FarSideofParadise

FarSideofParadise Occasional commenter

He's a very lonely person.

sabrinakat and thatmaninthehat like this.
  9. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

Of course you can. What's the "workplace dilemma" here? I'm pretty sure you could always have been fired for bringing a school or workplace into disrepute, whether that's online, on a Saturday night down the pub or even in the privacy of your own home.

10. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

and I’m sure this has been mentioned a number of times on these forums (don’t you read them mike?), possibly even on one of your many threads.

11. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

Mike I do believe you may well be a real person, if I’m wrong, chuckle at me.....

People mocking him, he’s a troll or he’s someone who needs help.

Merry Christmas and I hope you all enjoy your TES Christmas meets.......

12. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Take your own advice then.

coldmetal and FarSideofParadise like this.
  13. Alldone

Alldone Senior commenter

Come on Mikey - gives us more of the details of why you were sacked. It couldn't be because you don't get on with anyone.
    On the 15th October you did 7 separate posts. I think I made a comment then that you wouldn't last a week in your job, so if you have lasted till now, well done, I was wrong!

coldmetal likes this.
  14. sadscientist

sadscientist Established commenter

swampyjo likes this.
  15. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

You were not that difficult to recognize Mike. There can't be too many Graphic Design teachers who were new to their position; didn't get on with anyone; moaning about contract; moaning about working conditions; playing music when told not to; teaching a different syllabus to that required; not done your marking or tracking; moaning about walkthrough observations, moaning about Roger and playing the students off against the staff. There may have been one or two other little give-aways but I can't remember them all.

Mr-Chem, CWadd, wanet and 4 others like this.
  16. thyr

thyr Occasional commenter

You speak from personal experience? ?

17. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

That’s why you should never use your actual name or any ‘nickname’ that anyone would recognise you as.... it’s common sense really!!!

wanet and caterpillartobutterfly like this.
  18. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

*sits down with the good Christmas biscuits*

So... you been fired Mike?

19. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

20. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

For goodness sake. This is supposed to be a revelation?
    Years ago a poster was recognised on here and sacked. Those with long memories will remember.
    And any professional post will involve a code of conduct that includes an Internet and social media policy which allows you to be disciplined if you are identified and deemed to have brought your employer into disrepute.
    If the OP has done this he has only himself to blame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.