1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC4: Borgen

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Jan 7, 2012.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Well worth catching up if you've missed it.

2. Will catch up on iPlayer (otherwise engaged!).
    Thanks for the heads up, catmother. I'm struggling to find anything decent to watch on the TV at the moment and almost invariably I end up turning to BBC4.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's very very good!

4. Excellent! That'll keep me going Mon-Fri evening next week, as there's jigger all on aside from Corrie (and that's getting on my nerves at the moment).

5. Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to next week. I am now totally in love with her husband.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019ch5q/broadcasts/upcoming
    The first two episodes are repeated in early hours of Thursday for those who don't really like watching stuff on a computer screen. Set those recording devices! You won't regret it. I went to bed last night wanting to see more straight away.

7. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

You do realise that he's a serial killer - well, if The Killing is anything to go by..

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

[​IMG]

9. Nothing like the killing - haven't seen a single jumper yet.

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I think the Cuteinpuce was refering to the actor who plays the husband being in the Killing 2.

11. Of course. I have my stupid head on today. I am still in love with him though.

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I hope that he doesn't get distracted by that dark haired student once his wife gets busy being Prime Minister!

13. That thought crossed my mind too but I wonder if that is too obvious?

14. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Let's hope so. It's far too obvious and lazy.

15. counttoten

counttoten New commenter

I enjoyed it too. I liked the way her clothes wouldn't fit and then the 'drycleaner replaced the clothes they shrunk'. Some nasty characters there and I was pleased to see they got their comeuppance(?) but will it last? I could quite happily have continued watching it all night.

16. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

I'm loving it. I watched one episode on Saturday and saved the other for Sunday (which we watched before watcing Sherlock).
    I'd rather they just put one episode on on a Saturday night though so that each series lasts longer. The last series of the killing was over much too quickly.

17. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Thanks for the heads up on this. I watched them both oniplayer and really enjoyed them.

18. I like having two episodes back to back - haven't watched them yet but will do so this week. I'm busy on a Saturday night these days so it gives me something good to look forward to midweek.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've just finished watching both episodes of Borgen on iplayer - excellent stuff and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
    I see that The Big C is back this month - things are looking up!!

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I'm pretty annoyed that they went down the predictable route of husband feeling neglected and children falling apart because mum was not around 24/7! Surely,she would have been very busy before as she was the leader of a main political party (I assume she would have been an MP as well). Why did they not have some kind of nanny/housekeeper type person?
    Classic line last night about daughter complaining about not having clean underwear! Time to learn how to use the big white in the kitchen,dear.
    As for their house, why did they seem to live in a house which looked big from outside but was small inside? Was their bedroom straight off the kitchen with a glass panel like you might have between a kitchen and living room? And did those kids ever knock?