1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC2's The Hour

Discussion in 'Personal' started by seren_dipity, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Looks good. Excellent story lines and engaging script. Give it a go on iplayer if you missed it.
    Nice to see The Wire's Dominic West give another convincing performance but in an English accent this time!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Looks good. Excellent story lines and engaging script. Give it a go on iplayer if you missed it.
    Nice to see The Wire's Dominic West give another convincing performance but in an English accent this time!

3. Was this last night? I really meant to watch it.

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

It was good and looks like it has potential. Was rather upset to see the gorgeous Julian Rhind Tutt transformed into a moustached creepy man though.

5. I really liked it - totally different from what I thought it would be though - didn't expect the grisly murders and intrigue!

6. I really liked the props - all the old cameras and technology of the period.
    And of course, the costumes. I like the main actress - she was very good in The Crimson Petal and the White.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

phew - I really thought I was going to be the only one who watched it.
    I thought you'd like the costumes, coffeekid - right up your street!

8. Yes!! it's been bugging me - that's where I have seen her before.

Thanks

9. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I really like it too. It's a 6th parter,therefore well worth catching up on replay if you've missed it.

10. We've recorded it. Looked a bit Mad Men-ish but thought it was worth a look.
    Dominic West - that American accent of his was great - matched only by Hugh Laurie's as House and Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers. Idris Elba's American was good too.
    One of my pet hates is actors who do only one voice - their own. Sean Connery and James Nesbitt come to mind.

11. I was a bit worried it was going to try to be a British copy of Mad Men, but it's more of a thriller. Less glossy.

12. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I was not expecting the thriller bit either but it's all looking really good so far.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The critics didn't like it much.

I quite liked the wee programme on after it too - I was ironing and couldn't be bothered changing the channel so watched 2012 and was mildly amused by it. Lots of familiar faces and very straight-faced spoofing around the olympics...

14. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I saw it it a few months ago when it was shown on BBC3(or was it 4?). It's really good and gets better. Keep watching it,Seren.

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Ah, found the thread.
    We watched it again today on iplayer and have been trying to spot clues to who's at risk next - that door to the producer woman's flat is bound to feature, surely? Or maybe the yellow lamp?
    Classy stuff - I love the fifties setting!