1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC2 9PM

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Helena Handbasket, May 18, 2011.

1. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

Just in case people were interested and didn't know, there is a programme about the Hasidic Jew community in London on BBC 2 at 9PM. It is showing customs, people and a wedding taking place.

The is some more info in an article on the BBC website.

2. Helena Handbasket

Just in case people were interested and didn't know, there is a programme about the Hasidic Jew community in London on BBC 2 at 9PM. It is showing customs, people and a wedding taking place.

The is some more info in an article on the BBC website.

3. Great - thanks for that. Will put it on Sky+.

4. I don't know what others felt, but I thought this was quite a disappointing programme, especially in terms of RE. Very little insight into women. It mainly concentrated on a figure who is really very unusual in terms of his life experience within that community.

5. Yes I know you mean. I enjoyed it but I don't know how I would use in in terms of with classes in RE. Yes, the hasidic man it focused on was unsual in the terms of the 'norms; for the Hasidic community. The marriage bit with the match maker and his son going to israel to search for a suitable match could be useable for marriage/relationships.J x

6. I think the matchmaker aspect was interesting, but it isn't 'the norm' to do this within the mainstream Jewish community and it would have to be put within its particular ultra-Orthodox context.

7. Helena Handbasket

I think it would be useful to show an orthodox Jewish wedding as a clip but the entire programme wouldn't be useful.

I am still giggling about Gaby and Tikwah. They were such a normal couple and when Gaby said he eats whenever and Tikwah shouted 'that's why you're so fat' I found it hilarious.

8. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Can't find it on BBC iplayer or the article. Can you give me a clue, name of programme?

at 9pm on 30th BBC2 just has

9:00pm

Play this episode
    Dirk Gently :
    Detective Dirk Gently's investigation into a missing cat links to some unlikely incidents. (R

9. Helena Handbasket