1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC1 tonight - Hard Sun

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

I watched the final two episodes and the nonsense continued but I think the whole thing can be summed up in the title of Mrs Butler's Psychology essay 'The Ethical Case Against The Milgram Experiment'.

Stanley Milgram was involved in various 'experiments' and, there was mention in Hard Sun of his work on Compliance, Conformity and Obedience.

Milgram's 'experiment' was the ethical argument.

I think Neil Cross needs to go back to school. Maybe he should study Moral Philosophy and not that paradigm science Psychology.

Because it was Moral Philosophy that Milgram was doing.

2. Hi.
    My name is Sarah. I live in Alaska and have two daughters 5, and 16. Over the last several years I have this burning desire to live and work abroad. I have been looking into all my options and spoke with a guy named Luke who is with TEFL. I was explaining to him that my family is from Costa Rica and lives in Siquirres, which is about 3 hours from where he lives, as well as most of the English teaching jobs. Unfortunately, neither my daughter (the youngest will be the only one joining me) nor myself speak Spanish. Being that far away from my family seems a bit scary and difficult. Luke told me that he has only known 2 other single parents who took his class, and while not impossible, it is very difficult to do without extreme pre-planning. I did look for jobs in Limon but found very little results in my search.

I am hoping to make connections with other single parents who have moved and worked in other countries. My back ground is health care for the last 14 years and massage for the last 4. I am working on my degree but may not have it by the time we are to move. So far it seems like there are many others like me and are working and having a blast.

I would like to hear from other single parents about their experiences with the schools, nannies, rent, meeting other parents and overall quality of life and how much money should I bring with me.

Thanks and blessings!
    Sarah :)

slgrican81, A moment ago Edit Report