1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC1 - Come Fly with Me

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 05dan10, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I thought it made a change as there are not many comedy shows on like this at the moment.

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Yes,that is the point of a spoof! They've taken characters from the programme the BBC used to show about Heathrow and characters from the ITV's Easy Jet one and stretched their comical potential. It's funny for what it is. Not sure that there's more than one series in it.

3. That's true. Once you have seen the characters, it's the same joke recycled over and over and over again. Just like Little Britain, in fact. I blame Dick Emery.

4. Yes, Little Britain became I little boring during Series 3.
    However, they may introduce new characters.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Agree. Check in assistants are priceless! I also loved the bit about the inebriated person in duty free......who turned out to be the pilot!

6. Forgot about that bit - yes brilliant!

7. BelleDuJour

'Do you want fries with that?' [​IMG]

8. "Press chicken nuggets" [​IMG]

9. BelleDuJour

'and press it again' [​IMG]

10. Hi Guys,
    Just posting this to remind you that Come Fly with Me's third episode is on tonight! [​IMG]
    It's on BBC 1 at 9pm - 9.30pm [​IMG]

11. I saw it last week (or was it the week before?). It featured the a lot of dressing up and the following characters.
    Two check in girls.
    Married pilots.
    A bloke on the fast food who wants to be a pilot.
    Ground staff bloke with a dodgy beard.
    Greek airline owner.
    Gay flight attendant.

12. I actually quite liked it, and it's one of the only mildly entertaining things on TV at the moment.

I love the way the characters are so similar to the BBC Airport series, especially the photographer! At the time that series was one of the first 'reality tv' documentaries (I think the very first one was about Lakeside!) and was seen as a very modern and exciting idea. Taj makes me laugh the most. But all of them are well observed characters.

13. Yes! There was definitely a need for a new comedy series!

14. bacardibreezer

bacardibreezer New commenter

I thought the first one was funnier - loved the two little Martin Clunes fans singing their song!
    Looking forward to tonight's.

15. Thought tonight's was the best so far.

16. Loved it. My favourites are the couple who are pilots together!

17. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

I thought tonights was hysterical. It is rare that I laugh out loud to a comedy programme. Fantastic

18. I'm not usually a fan of Little Britain, but i thought this series was funny. Loved the bit where the 2 customs officers were raving after confiscating the drugs.

19. BelleDuJour

Looking forward to watching tonight.

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Last week was even better! Love the snotty first class air stewardess!