1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC1 - Come Fly with Me

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 05dan10, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Good evening tessers,
    I was just wondering, has anyone else been watching Come Fly with Me on BBC 1.
    It was on Christmas Day at 10pm and New Years Day at 9pm.
    I couldn't help thinking it was a little bit crude!
    Has anyone else been watching it?

2. Good evening tessers,
    I was just wondering, has anyone else been watching Come Fly with Me on BBC 1.
    It was on Christmas Day at 10pm and New Years Day at 9pm.
    I couldn't help thinking it was a little bit crude!
    Has anyone else been watching it?

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I thought it was ok but could have been a lot better. Seems like a poor relation of Little Britain.

4. I quite enjoy David Walliams on chat or quiz shows but have never found anything that they do as a pair to be watchable

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It was amusing and pretty much in their usual style. Not great but funny enough.

6. I thought the coffee seller who ran out of coffee and coffee cups was a little random!
    The guy who had the job in Burger King who planned to work his way up to a pilot reminded me of some of my Y11s attitude's!

7. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I expected it to be disappointing.
    I wasn't disappointed on this front.

8. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It was spot on!

9. I watched it on Christmas day and I was very disappointed. I thought that the characters were poor and most of them almost directly lifted from a genuine airport programme - didn't find it funny and resolved not to bother with the rest of the series.

10. What's that?

11. I think that was the point. It showed some of the 'characters' that are amongst us. If you couldn't imagine the people they are portraying, then it wouldn't work.

12. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Surely,being a spoof of one of those programme was the point of it?

13. Glad it's not just me...

14. I think that was what they tried to do. Make it partly realistic so it would make it funny, that was one of the only good bits about it.

15. I absolutely loved and and thought it was hilarious! Loved the couple who are pilots together and the scene with David Schwimmer and the dvds. Also love Fergal on cabin crew and the two check in assistants!

16. We watched the first episode on Christmas Day and was less than enthused by it. It was OK, just not very funny. Watched the second one on iPlayer today and thought it was better - maybe its just getting used to the characters. Will give a few more episodes a go and see if it picks up some more. Loved the randomness of David Schwimmer in it though - "..they're Jennifer Aniston's!"

17. I like the couple of pilots as well! The two check in assistants are great!
    I thought it was good when she forgot to ask the security questions, asked them - he answered against them to them all and she just said "OK, have a nice flight!

18. What I meant was that the characters were SO similar.TOO similar - I don't think I expressed it well. The older balding bloke who was looking after the posh old lady passenger for example - there is someone who looks the same, acts the same (almost) - I just thought it wasn't very original - too copycat - but thats only my humble opinion.

19. I hope there isn't someone who acts and looks like Taaj!
    [​IMG]

20. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I really enjoyed it. I thought they were spot on with the personas they were trying to create and did a really good job of taking the **** which I think was the main point rather than creating hilarity.