1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC Spywatch Look and Read Teacher's Notes

Discussion in 'English' started by yoyo123, Jan 23, 2013.

1. I wonder if anyone can help?

Our Class 5 study WW" as their topic and love Spywatch, which was a BBC Look and Read programme. This year we have a significant number of children with literacy difficulties and I am looking for the Teachers Notes booklet which accompanied the series. Does anyone have a copy, which they could share , or maybe know where I could find one. Internet searches have drawn a blank so far. Our copy has probably been thrown away in a clearout.

Thanks in advance

2. I wonder if anyone can help?

Our Class 5 study WW" as their topic and love Spywatch, which was a BBC Look and Read programme. This year we have a significant number of children with literacy difficulties and I am looking for the Teachers Notes booklet which accompanied the series. Does anyone have a copy, which they could share , or maybe know where I could find one. Internet searches have drawn a blank so far. Our copy has probably been thrown away in a clearout.

Thanks in advance

3. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Can't help, but there was an online game that was available on the BBC site long after the series. It's easy to find online (http://www.discip.ac-caen.fr/anglais/documents/cottenceau/Spywatch/intro.htm for example) and there are teachers' notes for that here: http://s.mound.free.fr/skyblues67/fun/spywatch/lar/help.htm I wonder if the BBC would help you?

4. Thanks, I've just found that site - looks good. Will try and contact BBC. I;ve found somewhere which will sell me the whole set for £50 +VAT,!

5. sallywelch

sallywelch New commenter

Hello, I see you ordered this a few years ago. I am after the teachers book and cant find it anywhere. I wondered if you might be able to sell/lend to me. I'm a special needs teacher, I used this resource years ago and would love to use it after Christmas with my class. Please email me at sally.welch@frewencollege.co.uk

Many thanks,

Sally

6. little_gem_xx

little_gem_xx New commenter

Hi

This might be a long shot i know as i have no idea will any of use see this message, any chance i could buy or lend the teachers book also. Fingers crossed this gets seen.

Many thanks Gemma