1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC Roman Britain DVD with a guy from Hollyoaks!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Feb 15, 2011.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, in my last school we had a DVD set by the BBC with a bloke from Hollyoaks in it, (so my class told me!).
    I am now in a new school and they don't have this set so I will have to make do with clip from the BBC Romans website.
    Does anyone have any idea where I could get the DVD from? I have tried various websites but no luck

Thank you

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

It might help if you gave the correct and full title of the DVD. The info you've given is a bit vague.
    Can your last school tell you where they got the DD from?

3. marlin

DVD not DD!

4. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

I can only think that it was called 'Roman Britain'. I have rung my old school and no one has a clue, but there have been a few staff changed since I left.
    Oh well, not to worry, thank you anyway.

5. marlin

6. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

Yes we have this exact dvd set at school which I used recently! (it's at school though and can't remember exact name off the top of my head!).
    But I found I didn't need to use it much as a lot of the videos are on the BBC Romans website
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/romans/city_of_rome/teachers_resources.shtml
    There's different sections about Rome and each one has pics, info and videos from that DVD and other ones! Hope you find it useful.

7. uppereastside

uppereastside New commenter

oops sorry have just re read your OP and realised you've already used this sorry! But if you still need it I can look at it tomorrow and get the info for it if you need!

8. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

What a couple of bl00dy stars you two are! That is the DVD! But at £50.00, I might just have to stick with the clips from the website. We don't have enough money to buy owt at the min. At least I have the link for future reference, thank you!

9. marlin

Ah well - at least we found it! [​IMG]