1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC Question Time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Nov 22, 2019.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Having finally seen most of the programme it doesn't surprise me that there were members of the audience who were obviously members of political parties or interest groups, but that doesn't mean they can't attend Question Time does it? My favourite was the solid Remain voting lady who told Jo Swinson her party would be neither Liberal nor Democratic if it blocked Brexit. My own thoughts exactly. I'm biased I admit, but I thought Corbyn didn't give too bad an account of himself, and Sturgeon was as sharp as a tack. Swinson came across like a mature NQT leading a Y10 PSHE discussion lesson rather badly ("So, like I absolutely get what you're saying here but.."). I found it painful to watch and fast forwarded to Johnson, who kept my attention for about ten minutes before I got fed up with the 'B' word. Nothing new was being said there. Like I say, I'm biased.

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The one where the BBC edited out people laughing at Johnson when he said truth was important?

That one?

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

No, not the later summary.

The programme I started this post on was broadcast live.

Look at the date and time stamp on the OP.

That one!

:rolleyes:

4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

The distraction techniques are out again in full force.

nomad and Kandahar like this.
  5. Scintillant

6. Scintillant

Get back to me after his fourth appearance asking questions, and I might see it as an issue.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  7. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I thought it odd that for every speaker bar Johnson questions were submitted beforehand and carefully fielded, even if several at a time which I stated at the time was not acceptable.

For some reason with Johnson it became a free for all with hands up... Can't think why, that considered I think he dealt with them quite well.

border_walker, Kandahar and nomad like this.
  8. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

He's actually human, and not programmed like the others.

In my 45 years teaching I noticed the same thing with headmasters and headmistresses; those able to respond on the hoof with staff, were also usually affable and effective in their work. Since the late 90s, such heads began dying out - replaced 'Andy Burnham' style heads - all talk, suit and gloss - yet no class.

needabreak, border_walker and nomad like this.
  9. Scintillant

Apart from the lies of course
    Corbyn used to be a maverick with extreme views. Now he's "programmed". Apparently.

Johnson has always been a liar. And that's what we're getting. A liar.

He will lie in the future as he has lied in the past.

#liar

tank-topped bumboys
    Look like letterboxes
    piccaninnies
    watermelon smiles

Classy guy indeed.

10. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

He is - yet when (if ever) interviewed slips into auto-pilot mode.
    As is Corbyn, and most politicians.
    Yes - Corbyn too.
    Yes - stick to the script at all times.
    That's the OFSTED class that we see in our heads today, and sadly in our politicians too: very few able to improvise - just singing from the same hymn sheet is all they do.

Boris can - Corbyn can't. That clearly riles you.

border_walker and needabreak like this.
  11. Scintillant

Peter Oborne on R4 just said that to some extent most politicians will at some point lie to some extent, but with Johnson he called it "pathological". And that's the difference.

We should have more politicians calling homosexuals "tank-topped bumboys" etc, cos that's a bit individual and shows how they can improvise? Not for me, thanks.

Boris does, Jeremy doesn't.
    I don't do riled. Toy throwing is your dept.

#pathologicalliar

ajrowing likes this.
  12. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

#Liar

13. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Which is rich coming from the poster who never parrots anything that isn't Tory propaganda, yet claimed he might consider voting Labour on a recent thread.

ajrowing likes this.
  14. Scintillant

Indeed

[​IMG]

15. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

I have voted Labour twice during the 60s and 70s, at a time when Labour still understood its roots. Since that time I became involved with the People Party - the roots of the Green Party who sadly seem to have recently undergone a frontal lobectomy. Given that the Greens are a waste of space today, Labour and Libaral undemocratic - that just leaves the Tories who actually will recognise the recent democratic vote to leave the EU.
    Extra marital affair! Whatever next? How riled you must feel.

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

And you keep denying antisemitism in the Labour Party... no-one's perfect...

I don't see any Tories pretending Johnson isn't a big liar... he is. I see a lot of Labour supporters denying Corbyn has helped facilitate antisemitism by his inaction/association...

border_walker and Kandahar like this.
  17. barbaramcn

barbaramcn New commenter

I may well have missed the comments on here about Johnson’s performance, so I apologise in advance. I am amazed at the lack of opinion particularly given the gov over the past years have systematically torn schools & practices apart. The cutbacks and pension reforms and pressure put on the staff has been immense. Personally I’d rather listen to any other leader other than the Tory who repeats the same slogans, avoids majority of questions and the media allow him to. Anything he does promise is not convincing, particularly since so many of his lies (& gov’s) have been exposed - with more to come. Johnson couldn’t have faired any worse on bbcqt and as a result the BBC edited and rescripted the reality of his performance.
    If you’re not aware of this and didn’t see or can’t remember the audiences q’s and reactions - look on twitter or search the Internet.

18. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Apology accepted.

needabreak and Kandahar like this.
  19. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

Whilst you have some valid points - do you not recall the damage Mr Blunkett did with his misguided 'Inclusion', and Blairs 'Education, Education, Education' that gave birth to academies.

needabreak likes this.
  20. Scintillant

I don't give a monkeys about that. I posted it as it highlights the lies he tells.

He seems to have something in his ear
    [​IMG]

He's so crooked he has to screw his trousers on every morning

lunarita likes this.