1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC Question Time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Nov 22, 2019.

1. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Can you not read? I said that this is what "The more perceptive commentators point out" in order to explain his increasingly popular personal rating in the polls.

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I am amazed that you are unaware of the evidence of his lying already. But then that's why he's popular I guess.

I did not say I wouldn't post any examples. I said if you were not willing to inform yourself of them, then I would do so.

3. Scintillant

Sorry, I forgot your lack of perception.

Happy to accept you see the lies as lies.

4. Scintillant

[​IMG]

Man can't help himself.

5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I don't see everything in terms of black and white. There are many shades of grey. You quote "[He] even lied in his own resignation letter". So what? Many people do, saying how much they enjoyed working for the head and senior leadership team when in fact they loathed the guts of those very people. It's the sort of thing that many would regard as evidence that he is, at heart, just as flawed a human being as themselves.

Argue against that, if you like, but you need to consider why

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Because it is a binary choice unless you live in Scotland.

needabreak likes this.
  7. Scintillant

lies?
    bumbling?
    mistakes?

How do you see it?
    Which one got him sacked three times?

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

God talk about a broken record.

Nothing about the Labour Party and antisemitism though...

9. Scintillant

We are discussing the lies of Boris Johnson.

Thanks for your contribution though.

10. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

That has never prevented you from diverting a topic to one of your worn out one sided vinyls.

border_walker and needabreak like this.
  11. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Actually we were discussing why it appears some people are siding with the Conservatives... you were talking about lies, hence me seeking clarification and your suggestion that you'd already done it here followed by my request for you to post a link which you declined to do... though I'm guessing you see the thread rather differently.

Kandahar likes this.
  12. Scintillant

Twice now I have offered to post some examples if you will not avail yourself of the facilities of your search engine:

13. needabreak

I have already simply asked you for a link to the post you referred to I don't need to use a search engine, I want to see what you were talking about... but if you want to be awkward about it I will just ignore your comments about lies and continue on the thread topic without it being derailed with petty name calling.

Kandahar likes this.
  14. colacao17

colacao17 Senior commenter

Another post disappeared, twice. Not sure if it's technical inadequacy or bored moderators.

Anyway, on QT, the audience laughed when BJ was asked if it was important for someone in his position to be honest. In subsequent news bulletins, the BBC edited out the laughter. Really.

see here, first the original footage and then the edited-for-news clip.

schoolsout4summer likes this.
  15. needabreak

If that was aimed at me I watched it live. If not as you were.

Kandahar likes this.
  16. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Thank you for this.

17. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Well well well!

The BBC Question Time audience member who spoke out in Jeremy Corbyn’s defence over Brexit is a Labour communications officer, it has emerged.

During an uncomfortable grilling of the leader over his “neutral” position on a second referendum, Liam Shrivastava, intervened, saying: “There is actually precedent for this.

“When there was a referendum on Europe in the 1970s, Harold Wilson remained neutral, OK?

“So for people to say oh it’s ridiculous that he’s not taking a position, it’s false.”

Despite being reminded by the presenter, Fiona Bruce, that this was misleading because Mr Wilson had in fact expressed support of Britain’s membership of the European Community in 1975, but had not campaigned,...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...udience-member-defended-corbyn-brexit-labour/

Kandahar and border_walker like this.
  18. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Actually, we are discussing the BBC Question Time programme and the contributions of all four party leaders.

19. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Worse than that, colacao, Boris Johnson's reply is NOT the actual one he gave - it has been cut-and-pasted from a different response he gave elsewhere in the programme. The BBC's behaviour is getting alarming now.

20. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

I suspect that Johnson's disconnect with the truth is heavily discounted because there is a general belief that politicians don't tell the truth. I don't think that people in general believe that Johnson is a liar AND his opponents always tell the truth.

chelsea2 likes this.