1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC Question Time

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Nov 22, 2019.

1. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I have to say I wanted an hour of Corbyn. Yes I support him, but he was genuinely fascinating when explaining his policies and it was such a shame he had to do so in such a hurry while fielding umpteen questions about Scotland.

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Johnson’s persistent references to “when I ran City Hall...” are getting just so tedious.

Alice K and Sundaytrekker like this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Is it just Johnson who's questions hadn't been planned and targeted, they seem to be on a hands up basis when others had their questions submitted and fielded by the chair... Interesting.

4. needabreak

True, but he was mayor longer than PM so his track record in terms of his ability to deliver targets is actually relevant.

border_walker and nomad like this.
  5. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Johnson being ruthlessly exposed by a coterie of NHS professionals in the audience. His Government's record over nine years is shocking. He keeps trying to get back to "Get Brexit Done". The audience aren't buying it.

moggycat likes this.
  6. needabreak

He agreed with the audience on the NHS did he not?

7. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Now we can move over to the BBC News channel and see reaction (sadly by scheming MPs) to the Question Time debate.

Come on people, over to the BBC News channel now: chop, chop!

8. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Nope, couldn't get through the leader debates, same old drivel that probably won't change a single vote.

Flicked around and found 'The Sound of Song' on BBC4, and enjoyed it.

9. Jude Fawley

10. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

LOL
    Johnson: lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, etc

No-one's buying it. Even Conservatives know it.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  11. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

The only way we can get some serious debate is to make every leader sit (separately) with Andrew Neill for 90 minutes.

Audience members get too emotional and wanting to be loved, leading to some extravagantly long and complicated half questions - easy pickings for seasoned MPs to deal with. It also cuts down the time the MPs have to speak and they ride it out.

Fiona Bruce is out of her depth on live television - her pleading to the audience to clap her when she had lost control and wanted it back was embarrassing.

Maybe I am expecting too much but all we seem to get and got in the ITV debate too was screaming, shouting and quips - nothing of real substance from anyone.

12. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

Is anyone buying your repetition?

artboyusa likes this.
  13. Jude Fawley

She has been known to drop vases.

14. Scintillant

Yes.

No-one's buying Johnson's repetitive lies.

As this programme has clearly shown

#liar

15. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

The polls prove you wrong...as will the election result.

16. Scintillant

Oh. People are buying his lies...?

I am more concerned with truth than polls.

17. Jude Fawley

18. Jude Fawley

19. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Why, oh why, were they asked several questions at a time and were then allowed to only answer one of them?
    Johnson completely dodged the question about the supressed dossier on Russian interference and Fiona Bruce seems to have forgotten that the question was ever asked.

I'm not surprised that the young man who asked it kept interrupting.

smoothnewt likes this.
  20. needabreak

Bunching the questions was the first thing I noticed, see above.

I've only just seen Mondays "debate" and that made things clear didn't it...