1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

BBC climbs well and truly onboard Labour and promotes magic slogan

Discussion in 'Personal' started by frodo_magic, Sep 19, 2020.

1. frodo_magic

frodo_magic Occasional commenter

The BBC is in love with a new Labour slogan and have given it the full Spin makeover:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54203162

Auntie has to be honest given up all pretence of being fair, balanced and unbiased in its reporting so it's pretty standard stuff this morning from the BBCG. Still, it is incredibly shocking that a publicly funded organisation so full of bitter over-paid pigs-in-trough Remainer zealots should just essentially say,

'Sod it. We at the BBC support Labour and we ask you to do so as well. Oh, and by the way, all our reporting is fair, balanced and unbiased.'

Has the BBC no shame?

2. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  3. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

I’m no fan of the BBC as far as its news reporting goes (Channel 4 is far better in my opinion), but that report seems to be little more than reporting the change. Any support for Labour in it is minimal.

4. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

This (and many other of this posters threads) are indicative of the totalitarian nature of so much right wing thinking - they abhor any independent news provider.

The Murdochs esp are notorious for this - I wonder if the OP is on their pay roll? ;)

ajrowing, emerald52, Sally006 and 4 others like this.
  5. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

They’re definitely on something.

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  7. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

You got it!

One of the better descriptions I've come across of late. :)

Doesn't appear so. Very little integrity either. And this kind of article is IMO by no means the worst they offer in terms of bias.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Eh? who is Auntie?
    It's just, I actually find your post relatively confusing.

9. frodo_magic

10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Think our hairy handed pal has too much time to spare.

colpee, vannie and harsh-but-fair like this.
  11. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Was reported for this. Thanks.

frodo_magic likes this.
  12. nervousned

nervousned Lead commenter

Can't think of any tory slogans that have been broadcast on the BBC so they are clearly biased. Certainly not at the last election.;)

ajrowing and emerald52 like this.
  13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Yes the leftie media is biased against our wonderful government and its successes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

emerald52 likes this.
  14. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The article seems structured very similarly to this one:

Boris Johnson wins race to be Tory leader and PM
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49084605

Gives you the facts and how a political party will set out and deliver its new strategy. then follows with positive comment from supporters and then completes with internal criticisms within the party and negative comments from the political opponents at the very end.

15. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Senior commenter

The articles in The Spectator are well worth a read: Fraser Nelson's clinical dissection of Mr Johnson's performance neither exaggerates nor mitigates his incompetence, although the reasons he gives for his optimism about a Johnson premiership at the end of 2019 are rather specious. More disturbing to Johnson should be Toby Young's complete disavowal of his former hero. Young is both shallow and nasty, but when supporters as rabid as he was start to fall away, Johnson should be worried.

Myself, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to resign towards the end of the year, spinning this as the act of an exhausted and ill man who has expended the last of his strength trying to stem the invasive tide of an evil foreign virus coming over here, taking our jobs and sleeping with his wives....and the following Monday he will be back at the Telegraph.

burajda likes this.
  16. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

Why are there several posts on this threads with bits deleted, but the OP is allowed to continue to post?

17. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

The OP is hiding under a bridge so can’t be seen.

vannie likes this.
  18. frodo_magic

The OP expressed an opinion and strong example about a topical subject. Many people from many corners think that the BBC is biased. Even Tim Davie the new BBC director general suggested recently there needs to be a rebalancing of views and opinions amongst BBC staff and reports.

Whether you agree or not with the poster or post, some posts were banned because they broke the T&C of the forum, which includes profanity and calling posters names. Personally, I'm glad. Posters who call other posters names, who are unable to debate anything, who think it's okay to behave like an 8 year old should be censored the first time, then banned the second. I applaud the Tes moderators for quickly enforcing the rules.

Debate the post not the poster on a forum used for expressing views. Grow up.

19. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Senior commenter

All very reasonable and level headed, but you do see the problem, I hope. This demented, dazzlingly silly rant, bristling with outrageously-begged questions, straw men and a whole sheaf of logical fallacies simply can't be debated seriously.

"The BBC is in love with a new Labour slogan and have given it the full Spin makeover. Auntie has to be honest given up all pretence of being fair, balanced and unbiased in its reporting so it's pretty standard stuff this morning from the BBCG. Still, it is incredibly shocking that a publicly funded organisation so full of bitter over-paid pigs-in-trough Remainer zealots should just essentially say, 'Sod it. We at the BBC support Labour and we ask you to do so as well. Oh, and by the way, all our reporting is fair, balanced and unbiased.' "

This is not "expressing an opinion to start a discussion", it is stating a conclusion which precludes any debate. If there is a problem, then it stems from you and your notion of "starting a debate".

You seem to have a deep ideological hatred of trades unions, left-wing politics and the BBC, whose iniquities seem to you to be self-evident, such that you never provide any facts to support your assertions. If your posts attract derision then you have only yourself to thank - arguing with your ridiculous notions is like trying to nail jelly to a wall, shovellng fog, plaiting sand, filling a bucket with steam. Not mention that to argue with your ridiculous notions grants them a validity they don't begin to deserve.

You will ignore this, but at least you can never claim that you weren't told.

vannie and ajrowing like this.
  20. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

I shall not be reporting this post, but perhaps @frodo_magic will be since it is includes calling other posters names (behave like 8 year olds).

vannie likes this.