1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Battleships/ coordinates

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by dandyhighwayman, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    Does anyone have/ know of a decent battleships (or other coordinates style) game suitable for use on an interactive whiteboard?
    Thanks,
    TK

2. Hi all,
    Does anyone have/ know of a decent battleships (or other coordinates style) game suitable for use on an interactive whiteboard?
    Thanks,
    TK

3. DM

DM New commenter

Coordinates battleships?

What an amazing idea.

I think you should write it up for the TES and claim £30.

4. DM

DM New commenter

5. That might be useful... cheers!

6. maths126

maths126 New commenter

Chris Farmer has a useful program on his website for creating your own co-ordinate pictures.
    There is a Co-ordinate Bingo game available from Primary Games which I have used often and successfully with KS3 pupils.

7. Thanks for all your ideas! I'm quite suprised that nobody seems to have made a maths-suitable battleships game yet, but there are some good ideas there to tide me over until somebody does... ;-)

8. maths126

maths126 New commenter

I look forward to seeing your own version of Maths-suitable battleships in the TES Resources section soon [​IMG] - can't wait to try it out!

9. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

I also like coordinates noughts and crosses - there may only be nine sets of coordinates involved, but played on a board running from -1 to 1 in each direction, they do have to think.

10. I wouldn't know where to start, or I'd give it a shot...