1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Batteries

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dande, Dec 25, 2011.

1. dande

dande New commenter

I was prepared for toys requiring batteries and deliberately purchased plenty ready for today. What I was not expecting was one single toy requiring 11 (yes 11) batteries. Don't know how people would cope with expectant children if they did not have the batteries available!
    Anybody able to claim a toy needing more than 11?

2. what on earth was the toy?

3. Wow, what is it?

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

a Toyota Prius[​IMG]

5. We were disgusted with the game gear in 1994, that needed 6 batteries. My mam had bought rechargeable ones, but they weren't charged up in the pack! Cue stressed parents and upset children.

6. Maybe it was a lifesize robotic football team?

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i once knew a rabbit that required 3 batteries to work!

8. dande

dande New commenter

It was a train set. Although you still have to push the trains on the track. However they at least supplied the first set of batteries.

9. Good job it wasn't an underground train....it wouldn't have worked today.

10. My favourite household appliance only needs two large batteries..... I think that's enough [​IMG]

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Or maybe the OP's child asked for a cowboy outfit so they bought them Arsenal FC. Van Persie wouldn't need a new battery so they could keep his on one side for the sub.