1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bath time blues

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Bumblybee, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hello,

My LO is 16 weeks and we are desperately trying to give her a regular bedtime routine. We had introduced a bath each night, which was a lovely opportunity for hubby to spend some quality time with her after work. She absolutely LOVES the bath itself and spends her time kicking and splashing and playing with her duck. But she has started to scream the house down when she is taken out. We keep the bathroom lovely and warm and warm her a nice big towel to snuggle her into as soon as she's out.

It's got to the point that we've stopped the baths every night because I want it to be a quiet and relaxing time for her. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how we might improve things? It's such a shame that she's missing out on the pleasure of a splash about with her Daddy. Should we just persevere?

Thanks,
    Bumbly

2. mine hated being naked when she was little. She'd SCREAM when stripped, go all calm and relaxed in bath then SCREAM until dry and dressed again. Did it for ages but not forever. Now (turning 2 this week) she again often cries when she gets out and protests through the dressing process. Little madam.

3. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

My little girl was like that - then suddenly she was OK!