1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Basic theory resourcess

Discussion in 'Music' started by pauljoecoe, Jan 17, 2012.

1. pauljoecoe

pauljoecoe New commenter

Any suggestions for basic written theory books/resourses/excerises. e.g. Bass/treble clef readings, rhythms, time sig. keys basci chords etc. Year 7 - 10.

2. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi Paul, there are free on-line music theory resources but Ican't remember the name! They are at school so I'll be in touch tomorrow (if I can find them!!) It takes ages to do your own from scratch and this set is a god-send.
    Joni

3. jonowen

Hi Paul
    It's the Fun Music Company and they have loads of free resources. I have used some and they do the job effectively as a supplement to my lessons.
    Hope this is helpful?
    Joni

4. jonowen

Sorry Paul, just looked them up and they are no longer free. My copies are 2008 and they seemed to have revised them in 2010. They still are good value for money if you are short of time but have a small amount of spare cash.

5. Theory matters - photocpyable work sheets - basic to intermediate - perhaps grade 3 standard.

6. silverfern

silverfern New commenter

Agree. Theory matters is great, but only the Pupil Book (like a textbook) is available to buy. I tried to order the photocopyable worksheets ('Teacher's Pack) about a year ago and it was out of print. Would be very interested to hear if and where anyone manages to get it!