1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Baseline assessments in Sept! What do you do?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Leapyearbaby64, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

We don't do any speical assessments on entry. We just spend lots of time with the children and do an update of Eprofile at the end of the first half term.

2. littleredbird

littleredbird New commenter

Last year we went through an assessment booklet with the children- it was hideous! Far too structured and forced. I'm thinking that this year I will just use info given by the pre school when looking at the first 3 scale points, then see what extras they can do and add those on too.
    I'd be really interested to know what other people do too.

3. I don't do anything too formal, we play phonics games - phase 1 based and the ta makes notes on who can and can't. I also do counting games and things with small groups and again post it notes. I can usually trust my feeder pre-schools and nurseries as I have been working with them for a few years now and so take their assessments and also update the e-profile at the end of the first half term. Think settling them in is priority for me though and all the assessments are bonuses.