1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

baseline assesment in infant complex additional needs class

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by cs7, Mar 13, 2011.

1. cs7

cs7

Hi,
    I am looking for ideas of which, if any, baseline assesments people use for new primary 1 (reception class) children? I realise that formal assements dont always work with our children however looking for some kind of framework for assesing numeracy, literacy and psd abillities?

any ideas appreciated!

2. cs7

cs7

Hi,
    I am looking for ideas of which, if any, baseline assesments people use for new primary 1 (reception class) children? I realise that formal assements dont always work with our children however looking for some kind of framework for assesing numeracy, literacy and psd abillities?

any ideas appreciated!

3. I use the 'Development Matters' statements (you can find copies of them in table form to print out easily on the resource section) and start from birth-11 months, highlighting those that I think the children have achieved. It gives me a good baseline for the children in my class (ASD) and helps me to determine where they need go next.

4. KimBolger

KimBolger New commenter

Look at the developmental journal published by qca as this is an excellent tool linked to the Foundation Stage and is relevant for those chidlren with SEN.

Kim