1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Barriers in using ICT effectively

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by s-perwez, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Hello! I teach Science to grade 7 students. I use variety of teaching strategies and ICT tools to support teaching and learning in my class.But sometimes embedding ICT in my context becomes difficult for me. e.g. using online blog with the class where some of the learners can't have access to it from home. Kindly, suggest how to use variety of digital age communications and collaborative tools effectively to ensure optimum results.

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Surely one of the joys of teaching is trying out things that you were told were impossible and finding out they're not, or at least learning from your own mistakes in the process and improving things the next time. Don't encourage others set your boundaries for you.

3. hoof_hearted

hoof_hearted New commenter

ICTAC might be of use.

4. There is no denying of the fact that one learns a lot from trial and error but learning from each other is also a good strategy. I observe other teachers and get to learn new and innovative ideas. One lesson that I have recently observed is the lesson where learners used digital story tool to present their work. I am planning to try this with my learners as well. So it is not about setting the boundaries always it is about sharing good practices and experiences.