1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bargains, special offers or just downright cute

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by MisterFlibble, Jan 5, 2012.

1. There's usually a good thread like this in Primary every summer hols with people buying stuff for their classes - figured it might be an idea in here if people spot decent deals worth having/signing up for.
    Boots - join the Parenting Club - get extra advantage points on any baby related products, plus the free changing bag when you buy any pack of Pampers. Bag's not going to set the earth alight, but it's plain, black so I figured would make a nice backup/hubby to use so I can get a nice girlie one for me.
    Tesco - halfprice on some baby clothes at the moment - just got a lovely fleecy pinafore and babygro set for £5 - sadly seems lots of gender specific ones and not much of the white/lemon/cream bunch reduced but there's a few nice things in there I wouldn't have paid full price for.
    Tesco - Huggies Pure wipes are on buy 1 get 2 free - seems to have just started that offer since I didn't see it the other day when I was in there.

2. There's usually a good thread like this in Primary every summer hols with people buying stuff for their classes - figured it might be an idea in here if people spot decent deals worth having/signing up for.
    Boots - join the Parenting Club - get extra advantage points on any baby related products, plus the free changing bag when you buy any pack of Pampers. Bag's not going to set the earth alight, but it's plain, black so I figured would make a nice backup/hubby to use so I can get a nice girlie one for me.
    Tesco - halfprice on some baby clothes at the moment - just got a lovely fleecy pinafore and babygro set for £5 - sadly seems lots of gender specific ones and not much of the white/lemon/cream bunch reduced but there's a few nice things in there I wouldn't have paid full price for.
    Tesco - Huggies Pure wipes are on buy 1 get 2 free - seems to have just started that offer since I didn't see it the other day when I was in there.

3. You also get a box of freebies when you join the Sainsburys and Asda baby clubs.

4. Kiddicare.com have loads of stuff at very reasonable prices and their delivery service is excellent (even give you a set time that your items will arrive - unusual for most online places lol). I got the Avent Newborn Starter bottles set for £10 instead of the usual £25.

5. Oh I like this thread! We bought the tommytipee complete feeding set from Mothercare. Steriliser, bottles and lots of other stuff-£60 down from £120. And it's selling in mammas and pappas at the moment for £100

6. It's also worth noting that both Mothercare and M&P will price match kiddicare-which is almost always cheaper for prams etc. we told M&P that the stokke pram we wanted was 150 cheaper on kiddicare and they matched the price, plus we also got the free winter kit that M&P was offering with the pram which all in all gave us the best of both shops!

7. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

Check out the Freebies here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/freebies-gold#big
    Scroll down to "Baby Booty"

8. Also tesco have medala swing breast pumps half price. I loaned one from the hospital and could only get maybe 3oz from both sides in 30 mins. Bought this and I get at least 4oz from one side in 5 mins. Maybe my milk supply is just better but either way this pump is so comfy.

9. Just bought some clothes from the Miss Selfridge and Dorothy Perkins websites. They've got loads of non-maternity tops that are long and loose enough to work until you're particularly big for either £7 or £10.

10. Mister Flibble, in view of your phobia of pink (I know how you feel, I have it to some degree with blue!) here are some gorgeous (& cheap) cardigans for newborns/small babies in a choice of colours; http://www.laredoute.co.uk/baby-s-unisex-cardigan-green.htm?ProductId=324204089&FiltreCouleur=3242040890003&t=6# The green and navy are lovely for a girl...My top tip for avoiding gender specific colours is to make a bee-line for foreign/European shops; La Redoute (French), Zara (Spanish), H&M (Swedish), Petit Bateau (French but pricey) and Polarn O Pyret (Swedish but also pricey). I've found that British designs (Next, M&S, Supermarkets etc) tend to be very pink, blue and gender specific heavy. I find the European ones are more traditional and less gender specific. HTH

11. Ooooh purple stuff - I quite like purple, and cerise - it's just baby baby fluffy pink!

12. Can't see medala pumps on offer on tesco.com... is this an instore offer? Or local? Was seriously considering one this time as expressing was a godsend for me with LO due to problems initially then due to wanting and needing some time to myself - I'm not the type to want to go for attachment parenting - make a much better mum when I have some time physically and emotionally to myself too! So this time thought a swing would be brill as the manual one was hard work and sore.
    So if there is a half price swing then I want one!

13. It is instore only and it seems to be a national thing. It is fab for me. I bought mine the weekafter xmas but there were lots left.

14. Mothercare will do price match with amazon as well, but only on items sold direct from amazon. They also gave me 10% off for spending over £100. I can't find the offer by googling except with an online voucher, but when I asked about what deal they could do me for buying two car seats at once, they instantly offered it.

15. Having got throught a few buggies now with my partner being a childminder, we've opted for a Bugaboo as they really are so light and efficient in design. Was amazed at how cheao they are second hand compared to new (£700!). Found loads on Ebay and got one for £170 which is perfectly fine with very minor scuff marks on the frame. All material good as new.
    We got a brand new bright green Phil and Teds a couple of years ago but it quickly got trashed by the toddlers so I say don't be too precious about getting new and get a dark colour with hindsight!
    Re breast pumps. We found all the ones you can buy are rubbish and rented a brilliant double pumper from the chemist which was sooo much more efficient.