1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bargains for Christmas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pepper5, Oct 19, 2015.

1. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi all

I thought I would share with you my money saving ideas for presents and any bargains I see on my shopping trips. If other people come across anything, it would be great if you could share your ideas.

Today, in Poundland my husband bought several small boxes of Thornton's Chocolates for £1.00 per box. The same size box at the Thornton's Shop is £2.50 per box. I thought that was a real savings and although you are giving chocolate it is a small amount. You can even shop online at Poundland now.

I'm going to make up a hamper of beauty products some of which I am going to get from Aldi and include Aldi's hand cream which is 75 pence, cotton wool pads at 79 pence, some facial creams from Aldi, and various products from Makeup Academy which is Superdrug's own brand. Things like nail polish which is £1.00. It is worth going onto the MUA web site store as if you sign up to their newsletter, you get 20% off your first order.

Primark is another place to look for bargains. I bought some minions nightshirts : one for my daughter and one for my sister. The nightshirts should have been £6.00 but I bought them when they were reduced to £3.00. I went back later for one more but they were gone and had been reduced to £1.00. So if you are walking by a Primark, it is worth looking in just to see if there is anything you can find on sale.

Of course there is always the buy three for two at Boots and you get your points as well.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Dear God!

3. colpee

colpee Star commenter

And a nice prayer for Christmas too :cool:

Rhoswen77 likes this.
  4. Rhoswen77

Rhoswen77 Established commenter

With bells on. Jeez...

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Bah! Humbug!!

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace...

colpee likes this.
  7. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I've seen a lovely 9 karat Tiffany diamond ring on offer down from £14,000 to £8000…. I've told my husband it's a bloody bargain!

RedQuilt likes this.