1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bargain of the week

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Sep 27, 2020.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

[​IMG]
    £3.09 from Morrisons.

2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

A coleslaw kit?:D

Nanny Ogg and magic surf bus like this.
  3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You don't get to choose, they just give you a banana box full of stuff.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Excellent value, provided you have a freezer or are prepared to eat it all this evening.

Mind you, "best before" is not the same as "use by".

WB and mothorchid like this.
  5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Too good to go?

frangipani123 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Yes.

Some in the freezer, some will be used today other stuff over the next couple of days.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My sister got just bread.

8. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Is there a name for this scheme? Is there any specific time or way to get these?

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Too Good to go. You download the app and then businesses put up stuff and you buy it and then collect it. Blazer monor introduced us to it. They have aquirred another freezer to keep the stuff they get. They reckon they have got their weekly grocery bill (3 of them) to £20 per week using this scheme.

10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I am interested...

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What a brilliant scheme for struggling families.

12. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Does all that plastic not bother you?

13. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

What's the 9p for?

14. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Why, It exists whether I have taken it from the store or they chuck it in a skip.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

No idea. That is what they charge.

16. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

It should bother everyone, but unfortunately it's an integral part of the modern food supply industry. Quite a number of those items were not available in the form they are sold before supermarkets came along. The plastic keeps the food fresher, but its main purpose so far as supermarkets are concerned is to carry information about the products, including the sell by date and most importantly, the barcode.

Education is so good these days, it's possible to get a degree without being able to recognise the difference between a satuma and corn on the cob. If it wasn't written on the packet, nobody would know what it was. If you think I'm making this up, try buying some of the rarer loose produce and see how the checkout assistant gets on with identifying it.

emerald52 likes this.
  17. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

I just don't like plastic food packaging, that's all.
    Beautiful sky, mind.

[​IMG]

Nellyfuf2 and Dunteachin like this.
  18. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I thought posting pictures of what you had for dinner was for "woke" hipsters on Faecebook?

blazer likes this.
  19. modelmaker

modelmaker Star commenter

You're not the only one, but until a viable alternative becomes available, it's going to be around. There are alternatives to plastic of course, but their cost makes them unviable. Anyone who wan't to reduce the amount of waste plastic, needs to comprehend every advantage it has so far as supermarkets are concerned. I outlined a few, but it's a very complex thing to get to the bottom of everything that would need to happen for supermarkets, let alone food producers to give it up.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

I keep trying to get one of these from my local Morrisons but had no luck yet. You have a good selection there.

blazer and Lara mfl 05 like this.