1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Bargain buy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by shy anne, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I recently bought a bottle of gin at Tesco and realised when i got to the car that, although the cashier had scanned the bottle, it had not appeared on my till receipt. Being a very honest person, I went straight back inside and spoke to the manager. He investigated and said that there was a fault with the till recognising the bar code and told me I could have it for free as it was too complicated to sort out!! It tasted wonderful!!

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I just went back and bought three more.
    £7.44 for three casserole dishes!
    One for you...
    one for you...

3. After spending ages searching for one of those drop leaf formica tables from the 60s, and being disgusted with the stupid high prices on Ebay, I found one on an online second shop - 24 pounds! They were selling on Ebay for eighty. :-/
    I then saw a cheaper, bigger one in Barnardo's for a tenner, so sold the first one to my friend. :) Everyone's a winner.

4. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

I bought a second hand denim Babybjorn baby carrier for 3€!

5. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I went shopping with my sister at christmas for pressies. My niece wanted a craft kit that cost £25 it had been reduced to £10 which I thought was a bargain. However at the till it came up as £4 so I sent my sister back in to get 2 more for my other niece and my daughter, as I wasnt sure if it was a mistake.